As we watch the progression of the coronavirus and it’s handling, Moore Family Dental follows regulations to prevent the spread of any virus and protect you and your family. The ADA has released a coronavirus handout for dentists based on CDC guidelines
First and foremost, if anyone has flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, they should stay home! Those with any symptoms should wear a facemask so as not to transmit any contagions further.
One of the first things you will see in our office is hand sanitizer and masks. These are there for all to use. Our team has worn gloves, masks, eye protection and gowns during visits to protect themselves and our patients from contamination.
How can you avoid being exposed or spreading the virus? Follow these steps:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have symptoms
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently
- Wear a facemask if you have symptoms or might be exposed to others who are sick
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap/water are unavailable
Hopefully a vaccine will be discovered soon. However, this may be the new normal. We must all adopt these habits to stay safe and prevent the spread of all viruses.