Panoramic Bitewing X-rays
Moore Family Dental continues to take advantage of state-of-the-art dental technology. Our newest imaging system from Sirona enables us to more quickly and comfortably take full panoramic bitewing x-rays. The Orthophos XG 3D Ready system is a comprehensive unit for ultimate diagnostic flexibility and versatility.
Patient benefits include:
- More comfortable – Patients can easily stand or sit during the panoramic X-ray examination that can be performed once, as opposed to a bitewing series of up to four X-ray exposures that take several steps, some of which may be uncomfortable for patients.
- Faster – The panoramic technique requires fewer steps than traditional dental X-rays. One of our trained technicians can have digital images ready for viewing within seconds after completing the pan.
- Less radiation exposure – The Orthophos XG bitewing pan uses less radiation than traditional intraoral bitewing X-rays.
- Image quality – The Orthophos XG has excellent image quality and allows us to select our preferred viewing mode depending on the type of x-ray.
- Programmable pans –Depending on the area of focus or type of pan, we can pre-program the unit to ensure optimal results.
People often ask us how often should teeth be X-rayed?
The frequency of getting dental X-rays generally depends on your medical/dental history and current condition. Some people may need X-rays as often as every six months; others with no recent dental or gum disease and who visit their dentist regularly may get X-rays only every couple of years. If you are a new patient, we prefer to take X-rays as part of the initial exam and to establish a baseline record from which to compare changes that may occur over time.
Depending on the individual circumstances, we may opt to use traditional intraoral x-rays or the new panoramic Orthophos XG. If you have any questions or concerns about dental x-rays, please feel free to contact us.